Massage helps with pain in the lower back, neck, and shoulders due to sedentary work, and relieves muscle pain after a hard workout. And it can be done even at home, by yourself – with a Vibro massage gun.
Massage guns are automatic massagers. They are so-called because of the shape in which they are most often produced. The device has a nozzle and a handle, which makes it look like a gun or hair dryer.
There are also massagers in the form of triangles, rectangles, and trapezoids. But what they all have in common is the presence of a moving nozzle. In this article, we will tell you about massage gun use.
What does a Massage Gun do To Your Body?
Percussion massage is supposed to combine elements of conventional massage and vibration therapy. The nozzle of the massage gun strikes the skin and underlying tissues at a very high frequency – 30-55 times per second, depending on the model and mode of operation.
The effects of the massage gun can definitely be called pleasant, as well as list a few of its positive effects on physical fitness. However, it is not yet possible to speak with certainty about such effects as an increase in muscle strength and speed of exercise, due to the small number of scientific studies.
The effect of a percussion gun is like comparing it to a classical massage. The latter, by the way, is the subject of a huge number of studies and reviews of scientific literature. The most frequently mentioned effects of massage are: improving the quality of muscle recovery, reducing muscle soreness after sports activities, and increasing muscle elasticity, and the amplitude of movement in the joints.
Why It’s Important To Use A Massage Gun Properly
If you use a massage gun incorrectly, you could injure yourself or damage the tool. Here are a few tips for using a massage gun safely and effectively:
- Don’t use the massage gun on bare skin. Always use it over clothing or a towel.
- Don’t press the massage gun too hard into your skin. The pressure should be moderate.
- Don’t use the massage gun for more than 15 minutes at a time.
- Don’t use the massage gun on any area that is bruised, broken, or otherwise injured.
- Don’t use the massage gun on your head, neck, or face.
- Don’t use the massage gun if you have a heart condition or are pregnant.
- Always consult with your doctor before using a massage gun.
- Be sure to read the instructions that come with your massage gun before using it.
Following these tips will help you use a massage gun safely and effectively. Massage guns can provide many benefits, but it’s important to use them properly to avoid injury.
How to Use Massage Gun on Yourself – Technique
Here’s a quick guide on how to use a massage gun on yourself:
- Choose the right percussion massage gun. There are many different types and brands of massage guns on the market, so it’s important to do your research and choose one that will meet your needs. Consider things like the size and weight of the gun, the type of massage it offers, and the price.
- Before using the massage gun, it’s important to read the instructions that come with it. This will help you understand how to operate the device and avoid any potential injuries.
- Start with a lower setting. If you’ve never used a massage gun before, it’s important to start with a lower setting. You can always increase the intensity if you find that the lower setting isn’t providing enough pressure.
- Apply the massage gun to the area of your body that you want to target. You may need to experiment with different techniques to find what feels best for you. For example, you can use long, slow strokes or shorter, more rapid strokes.
- Move the massage gun around the target area. You don’t need to stay in one spot for too long. Moving the gun around will help to loosen up knots and tension.
- Increase the intensity if needed. If you find that the lower setting isn’t providing enough pressure, you can increase the intensity. Just be sure to go slowly at first and listen to your body. If you start to feel any pain, stop immediately.
- When you’re finished, turn off the massage gun and put it away. Be sure to clean the gun after each use, according to the instructions that came with it.
Using a massage gun can be a great way to get a deep tissue massage without having to go to a professional. Just be sure to do your research and start with a lower setting. And, as always, listen to your body. If you start to feel any pain, stop immediately.
When to Use a Massage Gun?
It is a popular choice for athletes and people who suffer from chronic pain, but it can be used by anyone.
There are many benefits of using a massage gun, including:
- reduced muscle soreness;
- improved blood circulation;
- reduced inflammation;
- stimulated collagen production;
- increased range of motion.
Why Should You Use a Massage Gun?
There are many reasons why you should use a massage gun. First, it can help to relieve muscle soreness. If you have ever worked out hard, you know that your muscles can feel very sore the next day. This is because your muscles are actually damaged when you exercise, and they need time to repair themselves. A massage gun can help to speed up this process by increasing blood flow to the muscles and breaking up scar tissue.
Second, a massage gun can improve your range of motion. If you have ever suffered from an injury, you know that it can be difficult to regain a full range of motion. A massage gun can help to break up adhesions and increase flexibility.
Third, a massage gun can improve circulation. If you have poor circulation, you may suffer from pain, inflammation, and a host of other problems. Massage guns can help to increase blood flow and improve circulation.
How Often Should You Use a Massage Gun?
If you’re like most people, you probably don’t get nearly enough massages. Even if you do get massages regularly, there’s a good chance you’re not using a massage gun as often as you should.
Massage guns are an incredibly effective way to relieve muscle pain, improve range of motion, and speed up recovery time. So, how often should you use a massage gun? The answer depends on a few factors, including your goals and how your body responds to the treatments.
If you’re using a massage gun to relieve muscle pain, you’ll likely need to use it more frequently at first. For example, you may need to use it every day or every other day until the pain subsides. Once the pain is gone, you can cut back to using the massage gun once or twice a week for maintenance.
If you’re using a massage gun to improve range of motion or speed up recovery time, you’ll need to use it less frequently. For example, you may only need to use it two or three times a week. It’s important to listen to your body and see how it responds to the massage gun.
If you find that you’re feeling sore or your muscles are feeling tight after using the massage gun, cut back on the frequency or intensity of your treatments. In general, it’s best to start with shorter, less intense sessions and gradually increase the time and intensity as your body adjusts. If you have any concerns, always consult with a doctor or certified physical therapist before using a massage gun.
How Long Should You Use a Massage Gun?
It is recommended to perform the massage procedure for 5 to 10 minutes. The duration depends on your massage experience and what you are massaging for.
When and Where Should You Not Use a Massage Gun?
When it comes to using a massage gun, there are certain times and places where you should avoid using one.
Here are a few examples:
- When you have an open wound: If you have an open wound or a cut, it’s best to avoid using a massage gun. The vibration from the gun can irritate the wound and cause further damage.
- When you’re pregnant: Pregnant women should avoid using massage guns. The vibration can be harmful to the baby.
- When you have a medical condition: If you have a medical condition, it’s best to check with your doctor before using a massage gun. The vibration can aggravate some medical conditions.
- When you’re in a public place: Avoid using a massage gun in a public place. The noise can be disruptive and some people may not appreciate the vibration.
- When you’re tired: If you’re feeling tired, it’s best to avoid using a massage gun. The vibration can make you feel more tired.
How do you use a massager on yourself?
However, some tips on how to use a massager on yourself would be to start with slow, gentle strokes and then increase the pressure and speed as needed. It is also important to focus on areas that feel tight or sore.
Can you injure yourself with a massage gun?
There is a potential to injure yourself with a massage gun if you are not careful. If you are using the massage gun on yourself, it is important to be aware of your body and how it is reacting to the massage gun. If you start to feel pain, it is important to stop using the massage gun immediately.
Should I massage gun my face?
There is no scientific evidence to support the claim that using a massage gun on your face has any benefits. Therefore, we cannot recommend doing so.
- Best Massage Gun Under $200: Review & Buying Guide
- Can a Deep Tissue Massage Make You Sick?
- How to Use Theragun for Cellulite?
- How to Use Massage Gun on Neck?
A percussion gun is one cool tool for taking care of your fitness and health. But it won’t make you better without the basics: adequate sleep, a natural and tasty diet, enough water, an active lifestyle, and a good mood!