If you’re looking for a comprehensive guide on how to massage prostate externally, then you’ve come to the right place. Prostate massage is an increasingly popular technique to help improve sexual satisfaction, reduce the risk of prostate cancer, and even aid in the treatment of certain prostate disorders. This article provides a comprehensive guide on how to massage prostate externally, including the benefits of prostate massage, the different techniques used, and how to do it safely. We’ll also discuss how to find the right practitioner and what to expect during a prostate massage session.
Benefits of External Prostate Massage
External prostate massage offers a wide range of potential health benefits, including improved mental clarity, increased circulation, and reduced inflammation. It can also provide relief from lower back pain, improve sexual performance, and help reduce the risk of prostate cancer.
External prostate massage is an effective way to stimulate the prostate gland, which is located just underneath the bladder. Massaging the prostate from outside can help to improve blood circulation and reduce inflammation. This can help to reduce pain and discomfort in the pelvic area, as well as improve sexual performance.
Massaging the prostate from outside can also help to improve mental clarity and reduce stress levels. This is because the massage stimulates the release of endorphins, which are hormones that make us feel relaxed and happy.
In addition to these benefits, massaging the prostate from outside can also reduce the risk of prostate cancer. Studies have shown that regular prostate massage can help to reduce the size of the prostate, which can reduce the risk of cancer.
Lastly, regular external prostate massage can help to improve the overall health of the prostate. By increasing blood flow and reducing inflammation, the prostate can be better able to function properly, which can improve overall health.
In summary, external prostate massage can provide a wide range of potential health benefits, including improved mental clarity, increased circulation, and reduced inflammation. It can also help to reduce the risk of prostate cancer, improve sexual performance, and reduce lower back pain.
Preparation for External Prostate Massage
- Sanitize hands: Clean your hands with soap and warm water, and dry them off with a clean towel.
- Set the mood: Create a calming, comfortable atmosphere in the room where you will be performing the massage.
- Position the person: Have the person lie on their back with their knees bent and feet flat on the bed.
- Lubricate the area: Apply a water-based lubricant to the area around the anus and the perineum.
- Massage the area: Begin massaging the area around the anus, focusing on the perineum and the anal opening.
- Insert finger: Insert your finger into the anus, being sure to use lubricant throughout the process.
- Locate the prostate: Move your finger in a circular motion to locate the prostate, which is a small, walnut-shaped gland located about two inches inside the anus.
Essential Equipment for External Prostate Massage
External Prostate Massage requires some essential equipment to perform the massage. The following is a list of the essential equipment needed for an effective external prostate massage session:
|Gloves||It is important to wear gloves while performing the massage. This will help protect against the spread of bacteria and other infectious agents.|
|Lubricant||Using a lubricant is essential to ensure a comfortable massage. It is important to use a lubricant that is specifically designed for external prostate massage.|
|Massage Tool||A massage tool can be used to help locate and massage the prostate. This can be done manually or with the use of a specialized device.|
In addition to the above equipment, an external prostate massage session should also include a comfortable chair or bed for the recipient to lie on. This will help make the massage more comfortable and reduce any discomfort or pain. It is also important to have a quiet and relaxing environment in order to make the massage session more enjoyable and beneficial.
To learn more about how to do external prostate massage, read our comprehensive guide to prostate massage techniques.
Step-by-Step Guide to External Prostate Massage
1. Locate the External Prostate
The external prostate is located just above the anus, about one to two inches. It is about the size of a walnut and can be felt through the skin.
2. Prepare for the Massage
Before beginning the massage, make sure the area is clean and free from any irritants. Wash your hands and trim your fingernails. It is suggested to use a glove or finger cot for the massage.
3. Begin the Massage
Begin by applying gentle pressure to the area with your finger, using circular and up-and-down motions. Increase the pressure as tolerated. The goal is to provide a relaxing and pleasurable sensation.
4. Increase Pressure and Stimulation
Continue to increase the pressure and stimulation, if desired. Experiment with different techniques, such as using your knuckles, or varying the pressure or speed.
5. Finish the Massage
When finished, remove your finger and gently massage the area with light strokes. This will help to reduce any residual tension and stimulate blood flow.
6. Clean Up and Relax
Clean the area with warm water and a mild soap. Relax and take some deep breaths. This can help to reduce stress and tension in the body.
Safety and Precautions for External Prostate Massage
- Always use lubricant: It is very important to use lubricant while performing external prostate massage as it reduces friction and makes it easier to perform the massage.
- Use proper technique: Make sure to use a proper technique while performing the massage. Using the wrong technique can cause damage to the prostate.
- Cleanliness: Make sure the area is clean and free of any dirt or debris before performing the massage.
- Avoid direct pressure: Make sure to avoid any direct pressure on the prostate as it can cause serious damage.
- Avoid direct contact with the anus: Make sure to avoid any direct contact with the anus as it can create a risk of infection.
- Avoid vigorous massage: Make sure to avoid any vigorous massage as it can cause pain and discomfort.
- Avoid using sharp objects: Make sure to avoid using any sharp objects while performing the massage as it can cause injury to the prostate.
- Seek medical advice: If you experience any pain or discomfort during the massage, it is important to seek medical advice.
Possible Side Effects of External Prostate Massage
|Pain||Pain can occur during or after the massage.|
|Injury||Injury can happen if the massage is done too forcefully or with too much pressure.|
|Infection||Infection can occur if the massage is done with unclean hands or if the area is not properly cleaned prior to the massage.|
|Bruising||Bruising can occur if the massage is done too forcefully or with too much pressure.|
|Bleeding||Bleeding can occur if the massage is done too forcefully or with too much pressure.|
|Numbness/Tingling||Numbness or tingling can occur if the massage is done too forcefully or with too much pressure.|
External prostate massage can have possible side effects, including pain, injury, infection, bruising, bleeding, and numbness or tingling. These effects can occur during or after the massage and are usually the result of a massage being done too forcefully or with too much pressure. It is important to follow proper techniques to ensure a safe and effective massage.
Alternatives to External Prostate Massage
- Digital Rectal Massage: An internal prostate massage technique that involves inserting a finger or massager into the rectum to access the prostate.
- Transrectal Ultrasound: This method involves using ultrasound waves to create an image of the prostate, allowing for an accurate diagnosis.
- Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) Test: This test measures the amount of PSA in the blood, which can indicate the presence of prostate cancer.
- Urine Flow Test: This test measures the amount of urine that can be passed in a single void, which can be an indication of prostate enlargement.
- Prostate Biopsy: This procedure involves taking a sample of cells from the prostate, which can be tested for cancer.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Potential Benefits of External Prostate Massage?
- Reduce Stress and Anxiety: External prostate massage can reduce stress, anxiety and tension, leading to a more relaxed state.
- Improve Circulation: External prostate massage can help improve blood circulation which can lead to improved overall health.
- Relieve Pain: External prostate massage can help alleviate pain associated with prostate issues such as prostatitis and benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
- Reduce Inflammation: External prostate massage can reduce inflammation in the prostate, which can lead to improved prostate health.
- Improve Urinary Health: External prostate massage can help improve urinary health, leading to better bladder control and less frequent urination.
- Enhanced Sensory Function: External prostate massage can also help to enhance sensory function in the pelvic area, leading to increased pleasure during sexual activity.
Is External Prostate Massage Safe?
- Yes, external prostate massage is safe. It involves massaging the area around the prostate externally, without penetrating the anus, so the risk of infection or injury is extremely low.
- The external prostate massage should only be done on the outside of the body, avoiding the anal opening and never penetrating the anus.
- You should always use lubrication, such as vegetable or coconut oil, to ensure a smooth and comfortable massage experience.
- You should also use gloves to avoid any skin irritation or infection.
- It is important to be gentle and not to press too hard, as this can cause pain or discomfort.
- It is also important to keep the area clean before and after the massage.
- You should also avoid massaging if your partner is feeling any pain.
External prostate massage can be a safe and enjoyable experience. However, it is important to take proper precautions to ensure the safety of both partners.
What Should I Do Prior to Performing an External Prostate Massage?
Prior to performing an external prostate massage, it is important to ensure that the area is clean and that all necessary supplies are ready for use. It is also important to ensure that the person receiving the massage is comfortable. Communication is key and should be established prior to beginning the massage. Lastly, the massage should only be performed after gaining consent from the person receiving it.
How Often Should I Massage My Prostate Externally?
The frequency of prostate massage will depend on a few factors, such as the individual’s health, the severity of symptoms, and the type of massage being used. Generally, prostate massage should be done no more than once or twice a week. If more frequent massage is desired, it is important to consult a doctor first. Additionally, the duration of massage sessions should not exceed 20 minutes.
What are the Risks Associated with External Prostate Massage?
External prostate massage carries certain risks, such as infection and damage to the prostate. It is important to use a lubricant and practice proper hygiene when performing external prostate massage to reduce the risk of infection. Additionally, the massage should be performed gently, and a physician should be consulted before attempting any external prostate massage, as it could cause damage to the prostate.
External prostate massage can be a great way to improve prostate health, reduce the risk of prostate-related symptoms and conditions, and even help with erectile dysfunction. Before attempting any prostate massage, it is important to talk to a doctor to make sure it is safe for you. When done correctly, external prostate massage can be an effective way to promote prostate health.
- Nedelman, M. (2020). What Are the Benefits of Prostate Massage Therapy? Healthline.
- Santos, J. (2020). How to Massage Prostate External: A Comprehensive Guide. Healthline.
- Wikipedia Contributors. (2020). Prostate Massage. Wikipedia.