If you’ve recently had dermal filler injected into your under-eye area and are now noticing small bumps, you may be wondering what can be done to reduce the size of the bumps. Massage is one of the best ways to soften filler bumps under your eyes, but it’s important to understand the right technique to get the best results. In this article, we’ll show you how to massage away filler bumps under your eyes with a step-by-step guide. Keep reading to learn more about how to massage filler bumps under eyes.
|1||Cleanse the area around the eyes, using gentle circular motions.|
|2||Apply a small amount of topical anesthetic to the area. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes.|
|3||Rinse the area with warm water to remove the anesthetic.|
|4||Pat dry the area with a soft, clean towel.|
To prepare for how to massage under eye filler, it is important to cleanse, apply anesthetic, rinse, and dry the area before beginning.
Cleanse the Skin
Start by thoroughly cleansing the area with a gentle cleanser, taking care to remove all traces of makeup and dirt. This will help reduce the chance of infection and will also help the massage be more effective.
Warm the Area
Using a warm compress, such as a warm damp washcloth, heat up the area for several minutes. This will help soften the filler and make it easier to massage.
Using a lubricant, such as a light oil or moisturizer, apply it generously to the area. This will help the massage be more comfortable and reduce the chances of pulling or tugging the skin.
Massage Along the Lines of Filler
Using your fingertips, massage the area in circular motions along the lines of the filler. This will help to soften the filler and help it to spread out more evenly.
Massage Uplifting and Outward
Using your fingertips, massage the area uplifting and outward. This will help to reduce the visibility of the filler bumps and help the area look smoother.
It is important to be gentle when massaging the area. Using too much pressure can cause damage to the skin or cause the filler to move around. Use light, gentle strokes and take care not to tug or pull the skin.
By following these steps, you can effectively massage away filler bumps under your eyes. Keep in mind that filler is temporary and will dissipate over time, so regular massages will be needed to maintain the desired look. With patience and proper technique, you can keep your skin looking smooth and free of bumps.
Benefits of Massaging Filler
- Reduced Appearance of Filler Bumps: Massaging the filler after the procedure can help to reduce the appearance of any bumps that may have formed, making the results look more natural.
- Improved Product Distribution: Massaging the filler helps to even out the product and ensure it is distributed evenly, creating a smoother and more natural-looking result.
- Decreased Swelling: Massaging the filler helps to reduce swelling and bruising, creating a more natural-looking outcome.
- Reduced Risk of Complications: Massaging the filler helps to reduce the risk of any potential complications associated with the procedure.
What to Do After Massaging Filler
Apply Ice: Applying cold compresses or ice packs to the treated area can help reduce any swelling or inflammation.
Avoid Facial Movement: After the filler is massaged, it is important to avoid facial movements such as smiling, talking, or frowning for at least 24 hours. This helps to ensure that the filler is evenly distributed and that bumps do not re-appear.
Avoid Sun Exposure: It is important to stay out of direct sunlight and to wear sunscreen to protect the treated area from sun damage.
Avoid Touching: After the massage, the area should not be touched or manipulated. This will help to ensure that the filler is evenly distributed and won’t create any further bumps.
Follow Up Appointments: It is important to follow up with a doctor or aesthetician to make sure that the filler is evenly distributed and that there are no adverse reactions.
|Massaging filler||Smoothen out filler bumps|
|Applying cold compresses or ice packs||Reduce swelling and inflammation|
|Staying out of direct sunlight and wearing sunscreen||Protect the treated area from sun damage|
|Following up with a doctor or aesthetician||Ensure that the filler is evenly distributed and that there are no adverse reactions|
Possible Side Effects of Massaging Filler
- Bruising or swelling: Massaging the area around your eyes can cause some temporary bruising and swelling.
- Infection: As with any type of injection procedure, there is a risk of infection if you massage the area.
- Tissue damage: Massaging too vigorously can also cause tissue damage, which can lead to permanent deformity.
- Lumps or nodules: Massaging the filler can cause lumps or nodules to form, which can be difficult to remove.
- Loss of product: Massaging too hard can result in the filler being pushed out of the area, resulting in a loss of product.
Tips for Preventing Filler Bumps
- Choose an experienced injector: Make sure your injector has experience with facial filler and is trained on the specific product you’re having injected. It’s also important to have an injector who is familiar with the anatomy of the face.
- Choose the filler carefully: Different types of facial fillers have different consistencies, which can affect the risk of developing bumps. A softer filler is more likely to create bumps than a firmer one.
- Go slow: Injecting too much filler too quickly can cause unevenness and bumps. Your injector should take the time to gradually inject the filler, allowing it to settle into the skin.
- Use the right technique: Your injector should use a threading or fanning technique to inject the filler. This helps spread the filler evenly and minimizes the risk of bumps.
- Avoid massaging the area: After the injection, your injector may gently massage the area to smooth out the filler. However, massaging too hard or too often can actually cause bumps to form.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Often Should I Massage Away the Filler Bumps Under My Eyes?
Massage should be done as soon as possible after filler injections, no more than once a day, and for no longer than one minute. Doing this will help the filler settle beneath the surface of the skin and reduce the appearance of bumps. Additionally, it is important to keep the area clean and hydrated to prevent any potential infections or irritation.
Is there a specific technique I should use when massaging the filler bumps?
When massaging the filler bumps, use gentle circular motions with the pads of your fingers. Do not use your fingernails or press too hard. Massage the bumps for several seconds before moving to the next area. Use light pressure, and avoid tugging or stretching the skin. Repeat this until the bump is no longer visible.
What are the Potential Side Effects of Massaging Away Filler Bumps?
Massaging away filler bumps can cause bruising, swelling, and tenderness in the area. If massaging is done incorrectly or too aggressively, it can cause further irritation and may lead to infection. It is important to be gentle and to use light, circular motions when massaging the area. If any side effects occur after massaging away filler bumps, it is best to consult a medical professional.
Are There Any Other Remedies I Can Use in Addition to Massaging Away Filler Bumps?
Cool Compress: Applying a cool compress can help to reduce swelling and ease discomfort caused by filler bumps. Use a clean, damp cloth and hold it against the affected area for 10-15 minutes.
Topical Creams: Topical creams containing hydrocortisone or other steroid creams may help to reduce inflammation. It is important to follow the instructions on the package carefully when using these creams.
Oral Medication: Oral medications such as antihistamines or ibuprofen may help to reduce inflammation and swelling. Talk to your doctor before taking any oral medications.
Is it safe for me to massage away filler bumps myself or should I go to a professional?
It is not recommended to massage filler bumps yourself:
- The skin around the eye area is delicate, and massaging yourself could cause further damage and irritation
- There is a risk of permanent scarring if you massage too forcefully
- You may not know the correct techniques for massaging away filler bumps
- You may inadvertently spread the filler to other areas of the face
It is recommended to visit a professional:
- A professional will be able to assess the best course of action for your particular case
- They will be able to determine the amount of pressure needed to massage away the filler bumps
- They will be able to identify any signs of infection or irritation and take appropriate measures
- They will be able to advise you on how to prevent future filler bumps
Massaging filler bumps under the eyes is a simple and effective way to reduce their visibility. With a few simple steps, you can massage away the bumps and restore a smooth and even appearance to the skin. By using gentle and consistent pressure and moving your fingers in a circular motion across the area, you can quickly and effectively reduce the appearance of filler bumps.
- How to Massage Away Filler Bumps Under Eyes, Huffpost, 2019.
- Facial Fillers: A Comprehensive Review, NCBI, 2015.
- Dermal Filler, Wikipedia.