Massage is one of the most reliable remedies that can help seniors improve health and prevent a wide range of diseases. If you often feel pain in your back, you might need the best back massager for the elderly. There is a wide range of massagers on the market, each coming with different benefits. Such a variety of products might seem confusing. Based on your needs, whether it is stress reduction or shoulder pain, you can find a suitable massager that will help. Wondering how to choose a back massager for the elderly? This article will help you find the right product.
- 1 5 Best Back Massagers for Elderly Reviewed
- 1.1 1. Zyllion Shiatsu: Best Massage Gadget Against Muscle Pain
- 1.2 2. InvoSpa: Most Comfortable Deep Tissue Massager Machine
- 1.3 3. Viktor Jurgen: Compact Back Massage Machine Gift
- 1.4 4. Renpho Chair Pad: Full-Body Massager With Remote Control
- 1.5 5. Comfier Massage Chair: Adjustable Massager for Elderly
- 2 Guide on Comfortable Massagers for Seniors
- 3 Back Massager: Good Investment in Your Health
- 4 Back Massagers Benefits for Elderly
- 5 Best Types of Back Massagers for Elderly People
- 6 FAQ on Back Massagers
- 7 Choose Your Back Savior
5 Best Back Massagers for Elderly Reviewed
- Zyllion Shiatsu — Best Massage Gadget Against Muscle Pain
- InvoSpa Massager — Most Comfortable Deep Tissue Massager Machine
- Viktor Jurgen Massage Pillow — Compact Back Massage Machine Gift
- Renpho Chair Pad — Full-Body Massager With Remote Control
- Comfier Massage Chair — Adjustable Massager for Elderly
Seniors need extra care for their own health. Massage therapy is one of the most popular solutions. What type of massagers is the best for the elderly? Check out this list of the top-5 options.
1. Zyllion Shiatsu: Best Massage Gadget Against Muscle Pain
- Material Faux Leather
- Color Black
- Power Source Corded Electric
- Product Benefits Pain Relief
This massager resembles a small pillow you can easily press to any muscles you want to take care of. It provides a deep massage of tissue and warms up your muscles and bones, spreading the comfortable level of heat. You can use it in your car if you feel neck pain. This tool has 16 heating lamps inside that slowly heat your body. Zyllion is an American-based manufacturer that offers a 1-year full warranty and acts in accordance with safety certification.
If you need a shiatsu massage, you can switch it on towards the body part you want to massage. The compact size allows you to take it everywhere. I carry it in my bag while traveling, so it helps me relax after a hard day and get rid of headaches or pain in the neck. If you are worried about overheating, there is automatic protection from it.
- Produces soothing heat;
- Turns off heat automatically;
- Shiatsu massage;
- Perfect size to carry around;
- High-quality leather.
- The price is slightly higher compared to other products on the list.
2. InvoSpa: Most Comfortable Deep Tissue Massager Machine
- Color Blue
- Power Source Corded Electric
- Product Benefits Blood Flow Control
- Is Cordless? No
I recommend this model to people who mainly need neck massages. You can try to massage the rest of your body, but it was specifically designed for the neck and contains two handles for a comfortable holding during the procedure. InvoSpa produces massagers for every occasion and with a wide range of features.
The model contains two sets of roller balls located on different sides of the massager. There are 3-speed levels to intensify or lower the strength of the massage you receive. If you feel pain in your neck, you can turn on the low heat mode that warms up your muscles. The package comes with a car charger and an adapter, so you can take the massager with you in the car.
- 8 powerful roller balls;
- Adjustable intensity of moves;
- Easy to navigate;
- Two adapters inside;
- Trustable company developer.
- Not as compact as the previous model on the list
3. Viktor Jurgen: Compact Back Massage Machine Gift
- Color Cloth Black
- Power Source Corded Electric
- Product Benefits Muscle Therapy
This is a perfect option for any grandma or grandpa. The massager is lightweight, compact, and can be used almost everywhere. You can carry it in your bag and place it under your back, neck, head, or on your knees whenever you need it. Viktor Jurgen brand provides electric massagers around the world. The company offers a high-quality model for an affordable price.
This massager is simple to use. It generates heat to relax your muscles. Two nodes create the effect of the real massager’s hands performing shiatsu massage when turned on. The device comes with a car adapter.
- High-quality fabric;
- Soothing massage by two nodes on both sides of the pillow;
- Car adapter;
- Affordable price.
- No adjustable heat control.
4. Renpho Chair Pad: Full-Body Massager With Remote Control
- Material: Plastic
- Color: Black
- Power Source: Corded Electric
- Product Benefits: Relieve Back Neck Discomforts
If you are looking for the top-rated massagers for the elderly to take care of the whole body, this is your option. It might not be as affordable as the previous model, but it does work great. This massager requires a chair where you can place it. Renpho is known for the smart devices they provide homeowners with. This California-based company was founded in 2016. Then they started to sell their products around the world.
This model is less transportable than others but equipped with more massagers inside. There are 8 nodes located in the neck and back areas. You can use the remote control to receive the neck, back, or total massage of your body. The model also provides heat and a slight vibration of the seat. You can adjust the intensity of the massage too.
- Massages the whole body;
- Remote control;
- Adjustable intensity;
- Soothing heat;
- High-quality leather.
- The model is not as transportable as others on the list.
5. Comfier Massage Chair: Adjustable Massager for Elderly
- Product Dimensions: 24″D x 22″W x 35″H
- Room Type: Office
- Color: Dark Black
- Material: Faux Leather
- Age Range (Description): Adult
The model can be placed among those body-massaging machines that offer you total relaxation. It relieves pain in your neck or upper/lower back. You don’t need an extra chair since it already has one. You can buy this chair for your work, which significantly prolongs the working hours. Comfier offers a wide range of massagers. This company sells quality models around the world.
There are 8 rollers that provide shiatsu massage of the whole body. You can change the intensity of vibration and adjust the heat level. I like the small extra perks it comes with. It has a USB charging port and a storage bag for your mobile phone. The device is simple to fold but not the most transportable model on the list.
- Can replace your office chair;
- Adjustable heat and intensity;
- A pocket and USB port;
- 8 rollers;
- Controlled height of the back.
- You will not be able to carry this massager around with you.
Guide on Comfortable Massagers for Seniors
Before you buy anything, I recommend checking out the reviews of the best massage devices. Read this guide to know how to choose one. It will help you find what you need.
Back Massager: Good Investment in Your Health
You don’t have to be senior to experience stress or problems with your back and neck. Massagers offer a wide range of benefits you can’t deny. Even if you usually attend professional massage salons, you can also have a compact model for daily use. Consider a compact massager as an investment in your healthy future. Find the right one and enjoy its benefits.
Back Massagers Benefits for Elderly
Massagers are not new on the market. They provide multiple benefits for the elderly:
- improve the posture so that you don’t feel the pain from the back deformation. They also strengthen your bones;
- improve blood circulation and prevent the numbness;
improve your nervous system. You can improve your short-term memory since massage stimulates the nervous system;
- help to recover from a stroke. You can turn on the massage pillow or the chair and work on returning to the normalcy;
- improve your sleep. Daily massage sessions before night will help you fix insomnia.
Best Types of Back Massagers for Elderly People
There are two types of back massagers on my list which I believe are the most suitable for seniors. You can either choose one of them or buy both, for work, car, or leisure. There are numerous shiatsu massagers and chair massagers you can pick from.
Chair massagers provide full-body massage. They are not portable but act on the whole back and neck at the same time. A model like Comfier is an already made chair with pads. Some models such as Renpho come in the form of a chair pad which you can attach to your usual chair. It is up to you which model to choose. Both work great on your back, shoulders, and neck.
Shiatsu massagers are compact, transportable, affordable, and easy to use. However, they don’t offer a wide area of action. You can massage only your shoulders or neck. Once you are done with one part, you can move it around the body.
FAQ on Back Massagers
I’ve gathered the most frequently asked questions about massagers for the elderly here. I hope my answers will be helpful. If you have more comments, you can add them below.
Is deep tissue massage good for older people?
Deep tissue massage restores the proper blood circulation. If you have any health problems, you need to consult the doctor in advance. Regular massage can reduce numbness and improve the skin.
What’s the biggest safety issue for seniors who use massagers?
Massage can improve seniors’ health. It releases the pain and helps to restore your health after a stroke. However, you need to use a massager wisely, only after consulting with your doctor.
How do I choose a back massager for myself?
The best way to choose is to search for the benefits you want in the first place. Think about the goal of a massager and match it with the possible options. You can choose something from the list. Apart from that, read the reviews from other customers.
Choose Your Back Savior
Whether you are buying a massager for yourself or as a gift, you have to choose it wisely. Make sure it will be useful and contribute to your health. This list contains only the most trustable models I have checked by myself. My favorite is one by Zyllion.
If you have tried one of the models I’ve described, share your thoughts about it in the comments. Do you still use it? What benefits are you searching for in the massager?